- Research Thrusts:
ASWING is a program for the aerodynamic, structural, and control-response analysis of aircraft with flexible wings and fuselages of high to moderate aspect ratio.
AVL is a code for aircraft configuration development, aerodynamic analysis, trim calculation & dynamic stability analysis.
MSES is a numerical airfoil development system. It includes capabilities to analyze, modify and optimize single and multi element airfoils for a wide range of Mach (including transonic flows) and Reynolds numbers. Documentation for MSES is available here. Contact Mark Drela if you wish to obtain a copy of MSES.
- pV3 is a three dimensional, distributed, unsteady, unstructured, CFD visualization software system for supercomputers, parallel machines and clusters of workstations.
- Project X is a higher-order accurate, unstructured grid method for solving convection-dominated flows, in particular the compressible Euler and Navier-Stokes equations.
- Visual3 is a three dimensional, unsteady, CFD visualization software system for many workstations with 3D graphics hardware. There is support for both structured and unstructured gridding.
- XFOIL is an interactive program for the design and analysis of subsonic isolated airfoils.
- XROTOR is an interactive program for the design and analysis of ducted and free-tip propellers and windmills. Documentation for XROTOR is available here. Contact Mark Drela if you wish to obtain a copy of XROTOR.
- 3DG is high order accurate Discontinuous Galerkin method for solving systems of conservation laws
Research: People : Publications : Seminars